The York County SPCA’s Fourth Annual Bully Bash will be held on Saturday June 7, 2014 from 10am to 2pm at John Rudy County Park!
Last year’s event brought together hundreds of animal lovers for a fun-filled day of activities, training demonstrations and pet-related vendors all while raising over $20,000 to help sustain the York County SPCA and its mission. This year’s event promises to be bigger and better and we would be honored if you would join us in the day’s festivities!
The core purpose of Bully Bash is to raise positive awareness about Bully breeds by reducing the negative stereotypes and ultimately finding much-needed fur-ever homes for those breeds in our care.
Throughout the day, visitors enjoy educational seminars, demonstrations, and other exciting activities including:
- Adoptable SPCA & Rescue Dogs
- Pet-Friendly Vendors
- CGC Testing
- Raffle Baskets
- Doggie Ice Cream Eating Contest
- SPCA Alumni Parade
- Fun, Competitive Games
- SPCA Photo Booth
- And Much More!
As always, admission to the event is free!
Join Us Online
Check out the York County SPCA on Facebook for the latest information and breaking news regarding this fun event.
If you would like to help us in making this year’s Bully Bash a smashing success, please consider donating any of the following items – we are grateful for your help!
Drinks (Cans or Individual-Use Bottles)
- Sports Drinks
- Hot Dogs, Hamburgers
- Hot Dog Buns, Hamburger Buns
- Packs of Snacks (Chips, Pretzels, Crackers, Fruit Snacks etc.)
- Desserts (Cookies, Cupcakes etc.)
- Paper Towels/Napkins/Plates/Utensils
- Garbage Bags
- Dog Treats
- Gift Certificates
- Any other item that can be used as a raffle prize
Give-Away Donations for Race Packets (Please provide 200 of each item as they will be given to all participants)
- Sample Products/ Surplus Products
Any other materials you think would aid in preparing for and hosting the event or that would benefit our event participants.
Run For the Bullies!
We are holding our 2nd annual RUN FOR THE BULLIES event to kick off the day right.
- John Rudy County Park
- 9:00AM Rain or Shine
The Run/Walk was developed to give runners, walkers and animal lovers alike an opportunity to show their support for both Bully breeds and the York County SPCA. Join us on Saturday June 7 at 9:00 am for lots of racing fun!
NOTE: “Day-of” Registration and Check-In is from 8:00 am – 8:45 am.
T-shirts are available for the first 200 registered participants and to ensure you receive the size that you want, register by May 16!
If you plan on walking this great event — feel free to do the whole 5K or something less! The run ceremony will happen an hour after the race begins so just make sure you are finished walking by then.
We are proud to be a race that you can do with your dog!
Please remember these rules when running with your dog: Participating dogs should be:
- Accustomed to regular exercise
- Well behaved in a public setting and non-aggressive towards humans or other animals
- Not currently in heat
- Up to date on vaccinations – with a rabies tag – and licensed. Proof of a current rabies vaccination and license is required upon request.
- Kept on a maximum 6ft leash at all times. THE USE OF FLEXI-LEADS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- Failure to abide by the event rules can result in disqualification from the race/walk.
- Visit our page at Active.com to Sign Up Online
- If you don’t plan to run the race but you would like to help us raise funds for the event, please click here!
- Download Registration Form
- View the Run/Walk Facebook page
Contact Summer Kunkel
2013 Bully Bash T-Shirt
Check back soon for 2014 Bully Bash T-Shirt!