The York County SPCA is asking members of the community to help alleviate overcrowding at our shelter by fostering pets. Foster homes fulfill a critical component of our life saving work, not to mention the benefit to each and every animal residing in a home environment. Caring for an animal in need is a rewarding experience and an invaluable service to the organization.
Our foster program enables us to help additional animals within the community – saving even more lives. The need for foster families continues to grow as the number of homeless animals entering our care continues to rise each year.
- Foster parents are able to provide potential adopters with accurate information pertaining to the foster animals’ likes and dislikes better ensuring a successful, permanent match.
- A foster animal provides lots of fun and companionship for any pre-existing pets in your household.
- Fostering a shelter animal enables that animal to live in a comfortable home environment.
- Taking a shelter animal into your home provides space so that the SPCA can more easily accommodate additional animals.
- Looking into the eyes of your foster animal and knowing that they are full of gratitude and unconditional love.
- Fostering enables you to touch the lives of many animals over the course of time.
- The York County SPCA assumes all financial responsibility for animals enrolled in our foster program making it affordable for all people.
For additional information regarding the York County SPCA foster program, please contact the appropriate staff member
- For information about the cat foster program, please contact Beth Lonnquist at (717) 764-6109, ext. 135.
Online Foster ApplicationSubmit a Foster Application Online
Please view this heartwarming video created by one of our fabulous foster families!